Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Its been atleast 5 days since I got back from my 10 day vacation to Egypt. I've been dying to blog about my trip but I didnt quite have the mojo to do so but then if I delay for much longer, Ill end up forgetting about all the experiences I had during my trip. So my trip started on the 6th of February, I spent the day with my bestfriends before I left. That evening I said my goodbyes to Shar, Nik , Miera, Sasha, Hazwani and headed for the airport at 6. Our flight was at 10 that night so yeah. The 12 hour flight was okay la, I spent the whole time sleeping and I didnt even open the TV. Food was plain , but they had smoked salmon P:

We arrived at about 6 in the morning, with our sleepy faces we took a van from Cairo to Giza and checked in to our hotel ( Zoser Hotel ) first thing I noticed about Egypt was how sandy and dusty is was and how horrible the roads were, but I definitely like the weather there cause its cold. After settling in, the tour guide took us to One of The Seven Wonders Of The World which was the Great Pyramids of Giza . come to think of it kan, I've been to 2 out of 7 wonders of the world. I visited The Stonehenge 2 years ago, and this year the Pyramids. From afar, I could see the huge triangular object behind the buildings it was magnifique ! It made me wonder how the hell did the people in the ancient times built something so great it stands till today.
When we arrived at the Pyramid, beggars and sellers started attacking us asking for money and selling things, I obviously had no money so I just said no . The best part of visiting the pyramid was riding the camels. We had a 3km ride across the dessert on camels and it was bloody awesome ! My butt hurt though and I was also carrying my DSLR so it was quite hard juggling between holding my camera and the camel because it was one heck of a jumpy ride. Now I understand why cowboys walk weirdly my thighs hurt and tickle after the whole ride. We went to a few shops after our visit to The Great Pyramids . Oh wait, did I mention i entered the pyramid ? it was hard crawling in and all but hey even my grandma managed :3 We ended our day at 4 and I slept for 4 till 4 cause I was still a bit jet lagged.


We left Zoser at about 9 and went to Cairo Airport and flew all the way to Aswan . Aswan is actually a pretty nice place, so quiet and serene different from Cairo . We were going on  a crews 300km along the Nile River for 4 days and 3 nights. This was definitely my favourite part of the trip because well, for starters i have never in my whole entire life been on a cruise before so yeah, cant a girl be excited ?! :3 We checked in to the M.S Solaris which was dued to sail off at 1 the next day. The next day
before the cruise ship sailed off, we took a smaller boat and went sight seeing around aswan . I quite enjoyed the morning sight seeing . We went to this Anubian ( if I'm not mistaken thats what they called the people who live there ) village and they had like crocodiles kept in cages as pets because apparently they believed that crocodiles are sacred animals which was soo effin coool ! I dont quite remember what else we did but we did a hell lot of sight seeing la . Went to the botanical garden too which was.. boring ? :s

The cruise ship left Aswan at 1, and we did nothing but lepak inside our room which had a friggin balcony and the top deck . We stopped a few times to look at the temples. The temples are also my favourite part of the trip because they had like drawings dating back to almost a thousand years ago and each drawing tells a different story its amazing i swear ! and the many many Gods the ancient egypt people had. It was like Sejarah Form 4 all over again mahn. Learning about how many Gods they had it was pretty cool.
See the best part of the cruise was obviously the top deck, they had a huge (not so) ass swimming pool and tonnes of folding chairs so you can like go sun bathing up there :3 but obviously I'm dark enough so I dont need a tan so I just hung out at the top deck in the evening when its not.. blazing hot . I spent most of my evening watching the sunset and well just lepak la.  On the last day of our cruise, while hanging out on the top deck, there were these 2 cute egyptian boys on the cruise ship  parked next to ours . Apparently they were 18 too, and their names were Ahmad and Muhammad if im not mistaken. We talked for awhile and they asked to meet them again the next day at 10 ( I swear macam Titanic je HAHAHA ) and I agreed. padahal I was already checking out of the cruise ship the next morning -.- ahahah We went to the Lights and sounds show that night which was pretty boring because the sound system kinda sucked and they used like words I did not understand -_- I'm surprised  was awake throughtout the show. The next day we visited more and more temples but my favourite part was visiting " The Valley Of The Kings " in which they had numerous tombs of famouse kings from the ancient times. Their tombs were idk how to describe but it was amazing. The hieroglyphic writings on the walls to the tombs of the kings it was truly amazing.  We spent the day in Luxor before leaving for the airport at 6. I swear the saddest moment of the whole trip was saying goodbye to our tourguide Muhammad. My brother was even crying HAHAHAHAOMG ... we had a pretty tiring night I slept throughout the flight, the baggage claiming, the car ride back to Giza from Cairo. The moment we checked in to the hotel I attacked the bed first.

The next day, we spent the day in Cairo. We went to this crystal shop called Usfur which had like tonnes of crystal thinggy's . memang borong habis laaa ( my parents and grandparents that is ) they were too busy buying souvenirs for everyone. I just got myself a turquoise coloured crystal necklace and a baby pink one for Shar .We went to the bazaar that evening and I bought all my souvenirs for my friends using my own money for once. i learnt something important that day, which was the value of money. I didnt wanna use my kumon money at all because I was saving up to buy myself a new phone but I felt guilty buying things for my friends using papa's money so yeah -.- Ooh I met up with Luqman that night with his friend. They came by my hotel that night . I almost cancelled on them because mama wanted to have dinner with her friend but I decided not to join her so I met uup with Luqman. We had dinner at a restaurant across the street. Did nothing but update update, we even got air tebu which tasted so effin goooooooooood. Luqman can speak really good arabics man I was surprised :B They sent me back to the hotel after that and I went straight to bed after that .

The next day we did more and more sight seeing in Cairo. to be honest I didnt think we did much that day but because of the jam we atleast spent a whole hour getting to Cairo from Giza. We visited the Egyptian Museum first  which had like shit they took out from the pyramids and the kings tombs and all. I definitely enjoyed my trip to the museum because despite having to listen to the tourguide speak I got the once in a lifetime chance to see the Pharaoh from Nabi Musa AS time, Rammses the second . Yang the one that drowned bila Nabi Musa AS belahkan laut while trying to escape tu. His mummy still looked good in shape. It was amazing, its amazing how Allah preserved his body from decaying without using any chemicals as a sign to the people now. We even got a chance to see the archaeologists cleaning this other mummy which was pretty cool :3 We visited a few mosques after that and went back. That night, we went walking around the streets of Giza because it was our last night there before leaving for Alexandria the next morning. Giza at night was pretty happening. We had dinner at McDonalds, i swear the McD there is huge ! The medium there is the size of a large here God knows how big their large is then -.- Walked around looking for stuff, Nisa got a pair of killer boots even i was jealous cause it was pretty -.-

The next day, we said our Goodbyes to Giza and left for a 5 hour long car ride journey to Alexandria . Our last pitstop for the trip . The car ride wasnt that bad if only I didnt have such a small bladder I swear I nearly cried cause I had to pee soo damn bad -.- We reached Alexandria at about 12 and the first thing we saw was the mediteranean sea. It was .. like any other sea lah ahaha blue water, waves and shit . saw this humongous slide that went straight into the water, was pretty effing cool I'd so give it a try if only the water wasnt cold -.- Did nothing but went sight seeing the whole day. Went to makam Luqman Al hakim which reminded me of my asrama days where I was stressing out trying to memorise the first page of the Surah Luqman for SPM . We even visited Makam Imam As Syafie which also reminded me of my asrama because I had a hard time memorising his biodata for SPM last year. My favourite part of the whole sight seeing thing was the Alexandrian Library. It was so huge I can already imagine myself studying there. I kind of like Alexandria already, i was thinking of taking medical there too. but idk yet.

That night, after checking in to the hotel, I waited till maghrib before heading down to dinner with the rents halfway through the entrees I got a call from my Abe Syabil saying he was already at the hotel. i said goodbye to my family and went down  to the lobby. Took my quite a while to look for Syabil but eventually jumpa jugak, I screamed and gave him a hug. I swear I felt like crying mahn ! 5 months has been to long, I mean I didnt even get to see him before he came here. I was ecstatic to see him I was practically speechless ! He brought along a few friends too and we hung out at the Montazah Garden in front of my hotel . We had McD for dinner before walking around the garden. Since it was Valentines Day there were tonnes of couples in their cars doing weird shit so the boys decided to be asses and took pictures infront of the cars so they would get annoyed HAHA it was hilarious ! we ended up cam whoaring at the playground. Syabil has funny friends man ! I swear they are hilarious ! We went back to the hotel at around 10 and Syabil had a talk with Papa about my so - called future here in Alexandria. In Sya Allah, kalau SPM okay I shall be studying here . So technically thats my plan for now. I said my goodbyes to the boys and went back up to pack my stuff

The next day we woke up later then usual and had breakfast before going for a walk along the beach. Did nothing but pack that morning and watched Music and Lyrics :3 We went to the nearby grocery store and bought tonnes of junk food that were only available there for ecample Hazelnut flavoured Kit Kats and real Twinky Bars . Ooh and Ja;apeno flavoured chips :3 We had ice cream too after that . We left alexandria at about 12 and headed back to Cairo. We had dinner at the same chinese restaurant we had lunch a few days back . After dinner we met up with the guy from Triways before heading to the airport. Flight back to KL was at 12. We said goodbye to Cairo, transited in Bangkok and reached Malaysia safely at 6 the next day


My Egypt trip was pretty cool. I mean I learnt  a lot of stuff about the Gods and the temples there and who knows maybe I even get to achieve my dream of studying here next year Insya Allah. I would definitely kill for another vacation like this. I'm blessed to have such amazing parents and grandparents for taking me on this amazing trip . I loved it, I swear ! I cant wait to go on the Nile river cruise again next time, with my friends hihi :*


No comments: